My name is Blake Fletcher, and like many millennials, I am an informationaholic. I LOVE learning about the world and people around me. One of the main ways I’ve sated my addiction over the years is listening to podcasts. There's so many amazing podcasts to open your mind to the amazing things happening around us, but rarely do they examine the people doing these things, making it happen. Even after listening to an interview podcast I'd be left with so many questions like:
- How did they get started?
- Why did they get started?
- They get paid for this?! How much? Who pays them?
- What is it actually like to do their job/hobby and how do you do it?
- How would they recommend somebody else get started?
Even if it was a job or hobby I wasn’t that interested in, I still felt like I needed to know these (and tons of other) things to paint a better picture of the subject. Don't just give me fish, teach me how to fish...and tell me why you fish. I am a confessed informationaholic after all. After much feet dragging I decided to follow my own passion and make the show I wanted to hear. Half Hour Intern examines WHAT people do and WHY they do it…and everything else in between.
I live in Phoenix, AZ with my beautiful wife, Asta, and our golden retriever/chow/bear mix, Daphne. We have a great life! I have lots of hobbies and interests and am frequently picking up new ones while others take a break, so here is a current list:
- Learning to play Magic the Gathering
- re-Reading What Lies Beyond the Stars
- Riding my motorcycle
- Whole body vibration
- The Five Minute Journal
- Listening to Wayne Dyer audio recordings